Monday, August 18, 2014

Epic Game of Thrones Board Game Customization

I have a friend. This friend has imagination, a hot glue gun, and way more free time than I do. He spends some of that free time modifying board games. Both by adding extra rules, cards, pieces, etc. And by making 3-D game boards. His latest "large" project has been "A Game of Thrones". The board is huge 7+feet, see last photo of game board folded in half next to creator. My friend says it's 90% complete, only needs some labels and pouring the water stuff modelers use (acrylic?) for the oceans.

I don't know game, and haven't even watched the series (or read books). So, mostly let pictures do the talking.

Length of board looking south.


Ice wall, with snow zombies behind it. The Black Watch?


Scoreboard, playing decks, council table, and throne room


Flash washing out castles and viallages detail




The "rolling game box" and creator Yoseph B.

Maybe it was more impressive in person, but at least for me... Mind Blown!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Amazingly fantastic. I'd love to do something liike that for an RPG campaign map.

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts